Saturday, September 22, 2007

Roll Call ~ Hip Hop & Jena 6


Bun B on his way to the Jena 6 rally this past Thursday in Jena, Louisiana. Good for him, I knew there was a reason that I liked UGK. It sure wasn't because of Pimp C. Rappers Mos Def & David Banner were there as well. Hmmm... hold up,*scratches head*... that's it? I know more than just those few rappers came to show support. Not even one rapper from the Lou? SMH. Mos Def talks about the lack of hip hop's face (or voice) in the place in this XXLmag.com article.



Pittsburgh,Pa rapper Jasiri X goes a step further and calls out names in his song Free The Jena 6. He puts just about every artist from the area on blast in this song and asks them to step up in support of the Jena 6. I'm feeling him on this, and these days what's a better platform to spread the word to the masses than hip hop?

Listen to Free The Jena 6 by Jasiri X:



Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?5pdii1m9ydo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girrrrrl you are all up in my head...I never understood "our" celebrities...Stand up for the folks that buy your shit and come to your wack ass shows!! I've really been blown away by the lack of support. Maybe this will be a wake up call to the kids and college students who support these people. (I don't want to doubt it but....)

Anonymous said...

I do wish Jay-Z, Russell Simmons, 50-Cent, or even Diddy, would have stepped up to the plate. If there was a way to make more money they probably would have shown, or if they were guaranteed some camera time for publicity.

CapCity said...

i heard jasiri x's song on m. baisden's show & posted it, too.