Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Fake Ass/Wannabe Psychoanalysis of Britney



I know I'm super late with this video but I have just gotten the chance to witness this horror. In my house Sundays are dedicated to enjoying football games during the season so I didn't even realize these awards were on. I heard all about this craziness that she calls a performance but by the time I had a chance to view it the video was disabled. Found it over at Megavideo, so I guess Viacom ain't up on their game.

Anyway, after viewing this for myself I understand were Kanye West was coming from when he blasted MTV for letting her be the opening act. Like Kanye said on 106 & Park, she just wasn't ready. I'm a fake ass/wannabe psychologist so I was trying to figure out were she was at mentally. (For those wondering, I find it easier to analyze her than my girl Lauryn Hill because to be real with you it's still hard for me to cope with 'losing' Lauryn.) This performance left me wondering if she trusts anybody at all, because she obviously doesn't trust anyone to help her style her hair, clothes, or choreograph her performances. She can't have anybody behind her condoning this shit. That had to be all crazy ass Britney.

So with my mini fake ass/wannabe psychoanalysis, I've come to the conclusion that she has major trust issues, and low self-esteem. She needs some daily affirmations like that character from SNL Stuart Smalley, as played by Al Franken. You know, get in a group setting and say shit like "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, & doggone it people like me!"

0 comments: