Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Makes Me Wanna Holla! (A slight rant)


Ok, I'm ranting today please forgive me.

And sorry for the ugly ass picture to the right.

But you have to see the woman who is pissing me off at the moment.

I hate the local evening news, especially the first couple of minutes. In Killadelphia,Pistolvania the murder capitol of the US, the first few minutes of the news usually contain all the murders of the day so far. It's ridiculous out here and anyone from here can testify to that. Go over to Field Negro's blog, he keeps the murder count updated daily on his sidebar. Shits thick out here no doubt, and young people like myself live here in fear of their lives everyday, so I know the elderly must be petrified.

The first few minutes of this evenings 6 o'clock news was different I must say. Murders were there of course but they came second today. No today is one for the record books for real. This local news story caught my eye and I just had to write something about it. To be honest, I'm usually too shocked and dismayed by all violence/murders going on in my own community to be concerned with THEIR problems. This stuck out because of the nature of this case. This case is murder...or is it?

Imagine shooting a cop, getting charged & found guilty of aggregated assault with attempt to kill, and doing 15 years for it. Your victim is paralyzed, confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. You do your time for it and get out. Then your victim, the cop you shot 40 years ago, dies from the gunshot wound that you caused. Two weeks later your charged with murdering the same cop you did time for all those years ago. WTF?

Well yeah, that's what's going on in here in Philly. There is this guy William Barnes who is now 71 years old is being charged with murder for the very scenario in the paragraph above. Yep, with all the crime and murder going on around here that goes unsolved or haven't been prosecuted as of yet, our dumb ass DA Lynne Abraham wants to waste my hard earned tax money on prosecuting somebody that already done time for the crime he committed.

Quote from Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham taken from 6ABC.com:

"When you set in motion a chain of events, a perpetrator of a crime is responsible for every single thing that follows from that chain of events no matter how distant," District Attorney Lynne Abraham said at a news conference Tuesday.


Those are her words. So because she says so I have to pay for his trial-and if he gets convicted, pay for his prison stay. They can leave that old man alone and worry about the real crime. The wasted time and money can go to improving something, like all the freaking potholes all over the damn city.

This man Barnes has since changed his ways and after all, at 71 is soon to meet his maker as well. We have a high murder rate, but a low conviction rate, and her damn office finds the time to file a murder charge on a holiday no less!

Don't get me wrong I truly feel for the victim, Walter Barclay. He lost the use of his limbs on the line of duty, just one of the many reasons I could/would never be a policewoman. I cant even imagine what that must be like. That being said, we all must go sometime. I find it hard to believe you can directly link a gun shot wound to a death 40 years later. I also think Abraham is tripping and definitely needs to retire she thinks this is the direction she needs to be going. She is part of Philly problems.

(picture from Associated Press)

0 comments: