Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sicko




I want start off by saying that I love this guy Michael Moore. He is so entertaining. You know him, he is the author of Stupid White Men. He also did that special for Bravo network called The Awful Truth (almost forgot about that, one of my favs)and many other documenteries like Bowling For Columbine and Farenhiet 9/11. By now I'm sure everyone has heard about his newest controversial documentary Sicko. If you've been living under a rock, the doc is about how screwed up America's health care system is. The movie is set to release in theaters on June 29th. Here is the official trailer.



Above is a clip from CNN, talking about Moore being investigated by the government for filming in Cuba. They also ran a clip from Moore's movie about a man who got two of his fingers cut off and has to decide which finger he can afford to get sewn back on. SMH. I think it's f**ked up when the health care industry puts price tags on fingers according to importance. Imagine how much it would have cost if it were his thumb!



In the movie he compares other health care systems that are government run and funded to America's privately owned system. I applaud Michael Moore for bringing this health care issue to the forefront by film. I do agree that it is time for a change. Maybe more of these politicians will start paying attention. I don't know about if I want this Gub'ment to be running thangs, but we need something to be done, like yesterday. I'm telling you, Canada is starting to look better to me everyday now. :)



As usual, Mike got people coming at his neck about this documentary. At the very least, they say that he is a liar, and that he manipulated the truth. So what else is new? They been saying that about him from day one, no matter what his gripe is about. This one guy, Luis Moro is calling him out, in the clip below. He paints a totally different picture of Cuban health care. Scary looking shit.









I dunno or care if Michael Moore is lying or not. He is getting people to pay attention and admit there must be changes of some kind made to the system, regardless if they do or do not agree with his solution.

Here is one of my favorite clips from Michael Moore's show The Awful Truth. The man is hilarious. A little exaggerated, but his point was made. I'm surprised this show lasted two seasons.






2 comments:

Ticia said...

Hey!! I want to see the M.Moore movie-- I love all of his films---I was hooked on Michael and Me--

Nice post!

Paula D. said...

I can't wait to see this! I'm gald he is exposing our sad health care system.