Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A little this, a little that

Yeah, yeah, long time no hear from, I know. Shit has been so hectic in my life, I barely have time for my thoughts. Besides me hitting the books on some higher learning ish, my job has been more demanding of me. I've been trying to move up in rank so to speak, and because of that I've been stress-cartoondoing some travel for my job. I've had to start taking on-line classes to accommodate my travel. I'm on-line for most of the hours that I'm awake, but still have very little time to attend to a blog or even check in on other bloggers from time to time. For the latter, I sincerely apologize, and hope that you understand my position. If it means anything to you guys, I do peak in on you guys sometimes, but may not leave a comment. Hope everything is well with you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Besides work and school, there is also my one and only heart, my baby boy (pictured below, holding my nephew). I've recently had the pleasure of joining the ranks Ron & Ibn of "mothers-with-teenage-boys". If anyone knows what that's like, holla! Worst of all, my child is extremely social, the popular type. The kids, (the majority being of course the female type) calling my house all times of the evening. The parties, that he has to attend or else he'll die a million deaths. Teachers calling my house (twice in September already) telling me how my child's social/class clown/disruptive behavior is going to effect his grades if he doesn't tone it down. Sigh. The normal woes of a parent I suppose. But on top of all that, worrying about him- a young black boy out here on these mean Philly streets - can be very, very, very stressful. I'm very protective of him, so you can imagine the struggles he and I have when it comes to allowing him to do things without me around. Even though I've always hated when other people said it, I only have one child (btw, glad he's not a girl), so you do the math on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been watching what's been going on 'round here in the country though. Shit is getting hectic. So-called economic turmoil. Bush & his boys are looting the joint before he leaves office, and we are mad-dog-palin basically allowing him. They call it a bail out, I call it what it is. I'm more fearful about this election now than I've been about any election EVER. I'm not going to ear beat anyone with why this election year is so important, and please go out and vote, and yadda yadda ya, because it is just so painfully obvious.I will say this though: I swear to God, if Crypt-Keeper & Gidget gets elected as Pres and VP up in this bitch, I am so, so outta here. I'm deflecting to Canada and taking my son with me, you can mark my words. Obama/Biden 08!

Well that's about it, just posting to prove I'm still alive. At this rate of posting I suppose I'll see you guys right before the new year, lol. I'll be making my rounds soon to drop a little love and shout-outs on your pages. Be easy! 

0 comments: