Thursday, November 8, 2007

Saturday Morning Flashback

Anyone remember back in the day when they had real cartoons on Saturday morning? I mean good quality cartoons on every major network, you would have so many to choose from that you had to make out a schedule. Well I know thats how I was, a total cartoon freak. The Smurfs, Thundercats, He-Man, Gi-Joe, Spiderman & Friends, Superfriends & The Justice League...i could go on and on. Oh, how I hated to wake up early during the weekdays, but come Saturday morning at 6am I was bright eyed and bushy tailed with a bowl of cereal parked right in front of the TV. Those were the days and too bad these kids will know nothing about good cartoons unless they have the Boomerang Channel.

Believe it or not the real highlight of my mornings would be School House Rock, the little educational cartoon ditties that came on in between the cartoon shows. SHR was a great learning tool, I don't know why they stopped showing them. A couple of years back they were advertising the dvd on a commercial, and I was so geeked I ordered it immediately.(For my son of course,lol.)



One of my favorite SHR songs ever.



I remember my teacher had a kids album on wax that had this song on it. This song is how I learned my three times tables.



I remember this kid from Philly named Tracy Lee came out with a song called The Theme (It's Party Time) that had an interpolation of this song.




Now you know it just wouldn't be be if I didn't add this video. LMAO!

1 comments:

so damn random! said...

How bout -I'm just a bill,
Yes, I'm only a bill,
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city,
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday...
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I'm still just a bill.


Thanks for the flashback!
dani~